The Canadian-Muslim Vote initiated it's first ever election readiness campaign on April 3rd, 2015 through a coordinated Good Friday Jummah sermon, encouraging Muslims to vote, in collaboration with over 20 mosques across the Greater Toronto Area. This momentum continued up to the 2018 Ontario Provincial Election where 44 mosques participated across the province.
In 2019, Good Friday Jummah is on April 19th which is the launch for our Federal Get Out The Vote Campaign! With the election just around the corner, we have a number of amazing volunteer roles coming up that we would love for you to sign up for.
Join our Get Out The Vote team:
- Regional Coordinators - 5 Hours/week (Vancouver, Burnaby-Surrey, Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg, Windsor, London, Guelph-KW-Cambridge-Brantford, Burlington-Oakville, Toronto West, York Region, Ottawa-Gatineau, Montreal NW, Montreal SW.) Toronto East, Peel, and Hamilton have filled already.
- Social Media Managers (multiple people required) - 2-3 Hours/week
- Content Creator and Writers (multiple people required) - 2-3 Hours/week
- Graphic Designers (multiple people required) - 2-3 Hours/week
- Community Relationship Manager - 1-2 Hours/week
- Training & Development Coordinator - 2-3 Hours/week
- Volunteer Coordinator - 2-3 Hours/week
- French Translator - (multiple people required) - 2-3 hours a week
When you join us, you get to:
- Network and engage with every political party
- Make connections to some of the leaders of the Muslim Community
- Meet new people outside your regular network
- Give back to the community by giving us a voice politically
- Learn about politics during an exciting election year
- Develop new skills
- Many of these roles can be done remotely - you DO NOT need to be in Toronto to apply
- These are volunteer positions that MAY (but are not guaranteed to) lead to an honorarium, summer internship, part-time, and full-time roles as we get closer to the election.
How to apply:
Interested candidates can apply by sending a resume to email@example.com.
These are all part-time volunteer positions.
TCMV is committed to access and equity and is an equal opportunity employer.