The Canadian-Muslim Vote (TCMV) is seeking two Summer Communications Associates. You’ll work as part of our non-profit team, developing and managing our electronics community strategy and assisting with communications activities for TCMV’s annual Eid Dinner.
What you’ll be typically be doing:
- Develops and manage TCMV’s electronic communications strategy including website, email marketing, social media, etc. with a focus on communicating knowledge, engaging TCMV’s constituency and reinforcing brand identity
- Enhance TCMV’s social media outreach through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Assist in communications activities for TCMV's annual Eid Dinner, celebrating Canada's 150th birthday
- Other related duties, as assigned
What we’re looking for:
- Post-secondary student (with preference for students in Communications and Political Science)
- Knowledge of the Richmond Hill / Vaughan, Ontario area and ability to travel to these localities, as required
- Experience in website design and working knowledge of the NationBuilder platform
- Social Media prowess and experience posting on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Knowledge of how a new non-profit organization operates
- Experience in graphic design
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities as an enthusiastic self-starter
- Proficient in MS Project and the MS Office Suite of products
- Trello experience an asset
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ever changing timelines
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize administrative workload to ensure deadlines are met
- Working knowledge of the Canadian political process
- Ability to see the vision and translate into action; inspire others to join in creating a highly participative movement that motivates Canadian Muslims to vote
What you need to know:
- This is a full-time, summer position
- The successful candidate will receive a salary of $13/hour
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role
How to apply:
Interested candidates can apply by sending a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Communications Associate – [FULL NAME]”.
About us - The Canadian-Muslim Vote (TCMV):
TCMV is a non-profit, grassroots, non-partisan organization that encourages civic engagement within the Canadian Muslim community. TCMV’s successful campaign helped dramatically increase voter turnout among Canadian Muslims during the 2015 Federal Election. The organization continues to inspire, motivate, and educate Canadian Muslims on the importance of civic engagement as the only way to participate in our democracy. For more information: canadianmuslimvote.ca
TCMV is committed to access and equity and is an equal opportunity employer.
The Canadian-Muslim Vote receives support from the Canadian government through the Canada Summer Jobs program.