The Canadian-Muslim Vote (TCMV) is seeking a Summer Outreach Associate. You’ll work as part of our non-profit team, coordinating national outreach efforts primarily as they relate to our Canada 150 Flag Campaign. In celebration of Canada’s 150th birthday, the TCMV Canada 150 Flag Campaign aims to place 150 Canadian flags in front of mosques, community centres, and third spaces where Muslims gather.
What you’ll be typically be doing:
- Contact organizations across Canada to promote the Canada 150 Flag campaign
- Research and determine suitable vendors for flag installations in major Canadian cities
- Coordinate flag installations with vendors and partner organizations
- Solicit sponsors for upcoming flag installations
- Maintain records of partners and potential “Ambassadors” contacted, and their level of commitment/participation in the Canada 150 Flag Initiative
- Maintain a progress report of outreach activities to be presented to TCMV Board
- Other related duties, as assigned
What we’re looking for:
- Post-secondary student (with preference for students in Communications and Political Science)
- Knowledge of the Richmond Hill / Vaughan, Ontario area and ability to travel to these localities, as required
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities as an enthusiastic self-starter
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Proficient in MS Project and the MS Office Suite of products
- Trello experience an asset
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ever changing timelines
- Ability to organize and prioritize administrative workload to ensure deadlines are met
- Working knowledge of the Canadian political process
- Ability to see the vision and translate into action; inspire others to join in creating a highly participative movement that motivates Canadian Muslims to vote
What you need to know:
- This is a full-time, summer position
- The successful candidate will receive a salary of $13/hour
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role
How to apply:
Interested candidates can apply by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Outreach Associate – [FULL NAME]”.
About us - The Canadian-Muslim Vote (TCMV):
TCMV is a non-profit, grassroots, non-partisan organization that encourages civic engagement within the Canadian Muslim community. TCMV’s successful campaign helped dramatically increase voter turnout among Canadian Muslims during the 2015 Federal Election. The organization continues to inspire, motivate, and educate Canadian Muslims on the importance of civic engagement as the only way to participate in our democracy. For more information: canadianmuslimvote.ca
TCMV is committed to access and equity and is an equal opportunity employer.
The Canadian-Muslim Vote receives support from the Canadian government through the Canada Summer Jobs program.