The Canadian-Muslim Vote is seeking a Events/Mosque Coordinator. You’ll work as part of our nonprofit team, servicing multiple grassroots projects based in the GTA, with reach across Canada. The successful applicant will work in our Get Out The Vote campaign team and report to the Program Director.
Typical duties would include but are not limited to the following:
- Recruiting and building meaningful relationships with mosques and other muslims organizations
- Researching events where the TCMV should have a presence
- Recruiting, training and directing volunteers
- Negotiating costs with event organizers for booth/volunteer/sponsorship presence
- Providing regular progress reports and conducting post-event evaluations
- Ensuring that the organization’s identity and brand are communicated with integrity and effectiveness
- Knowledgeable about different social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, WordPress, etc.)
- Ability to be mobile, and have a driver’s license
- Communication and social skills
- Strong existing relationships with masjids and other Muslim Non Profits
- Proven leadership skills in managing a team of volunteers
- Excellent public speaking skills with an ability to persuade others
- Must have flexible working hours including evenings and weekends
- Performs duties under minimal supervision
- Experience working in a non-profit team is an asset
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities as an enthusiastic self-starter
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize effectively and meet deadlines
How to apply:
Interested candidates can apply by sending a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line "Events/Mosque Coordinator - [FULL NAME]".
This is a temporary part-time position, compensation will be determined based on skills and experience and will be competitive with industry standards
TCMV is committed to access and equity and is an equal opportunity employer.