Position: Executive Director
Applications Close: When a suitable candidate is found (apply early)
Start Date: Flexible
About The Canadian-Muslim Vote (TCMV)
The Canadian-Muslim Vote (canadianmuslimvote.ca) is a national, non-profit, non-partisan, grassroots organization that aims to increase civic engagement of Canadian Muslims through community outreach and education.
Our vision is to have a fully engaged and politically aware Canadian Muslim community by making politics accessible to all.
Our mission is to educate Canadian Muslims on the democratic process and to foster active political participation amongst the Canadian Muslim community.
A little bit about the role
The TCMV Executive Director (ED) works, in partnership with the Board and is responsible for the growth and success of The Canadian-Muslim Vote.
Together, the Board and the ED will execute TCMV’s mission and vision, and be accountable to TCMV’s diverse constituents and funders. The Board delegates responsibility for management and day-to-day operations to the ED, and s/he has the authority to carry out these responsibilities in accordance with the direction and policies established by the Board. The ED provides direction and support to the Board in implementing its overall governance functions.
The ED is a systems thinker who is donor focused and goal driven. This individual identifies relevant information and helps transform this information into individual and organizational knowledge and learning. The ED is action oriented and innovative. S/he translates broad goals into achievable steps. S/he anticipates and solves problems and takes advantage of opportunities, is a self-starter and team player.
As TCMV’s leader, this position requires an individual with knowledge of and experience in management and administration. The position requires demonstrated experience in integrating and coordinating diverse areas of management.
The ED has a high level of personal skills is required to make formal, persuasive presentations to groups and to deal effectively with people from all segments of the community.They are comfortable with diversity and respectful of a wide range of faiths, beliefs and experiences.
The ED possesses the skills and implements the functions of a leader. S/he shares TCMV’s values, mission, and vision. S/he consistently displays integrity, models behaviour, develops people, and builds teams. This individual deals effectively with demanding situations and designs and implements interventions.
The ED manages continuity, change and transition. This individual knows how to influence and enable others. S/he addresses the impact of attitude and action on the TCMV and its participants.
Our work environment
TCMV provides a flexible, results oriented, digital work environment. This position will work out of a remote office, and requires mobility for travel/meetings.
Our team consists of paid administrative staff, a large number of dedicated volunteer leaders, and paid summer staff.
Executing, Evaluating and Reporting Results (50%)
Management and general administration
- Provides general oversight of all TCMV activities
- Manages the day-to-day operations, and assures a smoothly functioning, efficient organization
- Assures program quality and organizational stability through development and implementation of standards and controls, systems and procedures, and regular evaluation
- Assures a work environment that recruits, retains and supports quality staff and volunteers. Assures process for selecting, development, motivating, and evaluating staff and volunteers.
- Recommends staffing and financing to the Board of Directors. In accordance with Board action, recruits personnel, negotiates professional contracts, and sees that appropriate salary structures are developed and maintained.
- Specifies accountabilities for management personnel (whether paid or volunteer) and evaluates performance regularly.
Governance & Risk Management
- Evaluates, in broad-based terms, the potential assets and liabilities of a project, proposal, or strategy
- Makes sure that both risks and opportunities have been identified and evaluated
- Provides regular, reliable, and comparable reports on the organization’s progress
Strategic, Project & Program Planning
- Conducts both an internal and external environmental scan to identify emerging issues that affect the organization. The internal scan brings to the board’s attention issues arising from within the organization, such as the increased need for technological resources. The external scan identifies issues that may have an impact on the organization, such as a change in provincial/federal funding policies.
- Sets specific organizational goals and outcomes, under the direction of the board of directors
- Identifies the required resources to achieve the goals
- Communicates with key stakeholders to identify the changing needs and conditions of the community that is served by the organization
- Develops programs and services that work towards the vision, within the policy guidelines set by the board
- Considers the impact of several alternative plans to address the changing conditions
- Develop and draft an annual report for TCMV’s funders and constituents. This will include the organization’s activities, successes and challenges for the calendar year.
Executing, Evaluating and Reporting Results (50%) cont’d.
Program / Initiative Management
- Facilitates the research, planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of programs and services
Drives increased productivity in key TCMV initiatives:
- Get Out The Vote (GOTV) – Ensures voter participation rate amongst Muslim communities remains at or above the population average in all federal, provincial and municipal elections where TCMV conducts a GOTV campaign. This includes a pre and post election report as appropriate.
- Youth Internship Program - Establishes and grows this provincial (ON) program to cover federal and municipal politics, in partnership with MYF, provincial and federal agencies (eg. Elections Canada) and relevant community partners.
- Increases subscribership to Muslims in the House / Muslims in the Park by 50% year over year
- Grow social media followers and subscriber base by 100% year over year
- Expand TCMV presence nationally by establishing and sustaining TCMV initiatives to additional provinces each year
- Ensures that programs and services meet the board’s policy guidelines, and reflect the board’s priorities
- Supervises the implementation of the organization’s programs and services
- Grows and builds capacity within existing programs
- Oversees the fiscal activities of the organization including budgeting, reporting and audit
- Work with the board to develop the organization's budget and to ensure financing to support short and long-term goals
- Provides the board with regular statements of revenues and expenditures, identifying and highlighting risks and period-over-period progress
- Administers the funds of the organization, according to the budget approved by the board
- Participates actively in identifying, cultivating and soliciting donor prospects.
- Identifies, evaluates and executes on funding opportunities
Community Building and Communication (25%)
Advocacy and Community Relations
- Supports the director of communications in all speaking and media engagements, ensuring proper representation of TCMV to the community
- Facilitates the integration of TCMV into the fabric of the community by using effective marketing and communications activities
- Listens to clients, volunteers, donors and the community in order to improve services and generate community involvement. Assures community awareness of TCMV’s response to community needs
- Initiates, develops, and maintains cooperative relationships with key constituencies.
- Builds strong working relationships with others, both inside and outside the organization, and enlists their
- support for accomplishing tasks
- Acts as an advocate, within the public and private sectors, for issues relevant to TCMV, its services and constituencies
- Works with legislators, regulatory bodies, agencies, volunteers and representatives of the not-for-profit sector to promote policies that encourage a healthy community and address key issues identified by TCMV’s constituencies
Managing People (25%)
- Works in collaboration with staff, and relevant community agencies and groups, to accomplish objectives and to fulfill responsibilities
- Encourages team-building by facilitating open communication and positive working relationships with staff
- Establishes control and follow-up mechanisms for the organization
- Assures a work environment that recruits, retains and supports quality staff and volunteers. Assures process for selecting, development, motivating, and evaluating staff and volunteers
- Recommends staffing and financing to the Board of Directors. In accordance with Board action, recruits personnel, negotiates professional contracts, and sees that appropriate salary structures are developed and maintained
- Specifies accountabilities for management personnel (paid & volunteer) and evaluates performance regularly
- Runs regular staff and volunteer meetings
- Manages weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reviews of performance, task completion of staff
- Trains and motivates staff
- Sets clear, results-oriented goals, with realistic and measurable outcomes
- Supports goal achievement, and coaches and monitors performance
- Assists individuals in developing the necessary skills to be successful within TCMV
- Supports and encourages staff initiatives
- Provides regular, appropriate and constructive feedback
- Supervises the recruitment, selection, orientation and training of service volunteers
- Interprets board policy decisions to staff
Qualifications and Skills
- University degree along with demonstrated work experience as a leader in the non-profit and/or communications sectors.
- 3-5 years of program development/management experience within the private, non-profit or public sector
- Knowledge of the political and policy development process at the municipal, provincial and federal levels of government.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience delivering high quality presentations
- Exceptional leadership, communication, and persuasion skills
- Experience in grant writing & reporting is essential
- Willingness to travel (in Canada)
- As ED, this individual demonstrates critical competencies in four broad categories: commitment to results, business savvy, leading change, and motivating
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Interested candidates can email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.